Monitoring and auditing of private copying remuneration
Auvibel is also tasked with performing regular audits of the declarations.
Liable parties and distributors of media or devices, regardless of whether they are wholesalers or retailers, must provide Auvibel, when requested, with the information it needs to monitor the collection of the private copying remuneration.
In its request, Auvibel must state:
- the legal grounds for the request
- the information requested
- the reasons and purpose of the request
- the deadline by which the information must be provided. This may not be less than fifteen working days starting from the date on which the request was received
- the legal remedies that can be sought from the courts against the request for information.
The information obtained in reply to a request may not be used for other purposes or reasons than those described in the request.
The liable parties or distributors being questioned, regardless of whether they are wholesalers or retailers may not, on the grounds of the request, be obliged to acknowledge that they have violated the regulations regarding the right of the private copying levy or that they were involved in such a case.
The request for information will be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt to the liable parties and distributors, regardless of whether they are wholesalers or retailers. At the same time, a copy will be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt to the Minister.