Send your online declaration
All liable parties must send a declaration to Auvibel each month before the 20th day following the month to which the declaration refers (via email, post or online).
The private copying remuneration is due from the moment the device or medium is put on Belgian territory.
The upcoming changes will extend the scope of the private copying remuneration from 1 April 2022 to new products such as consumer computers, (stand-alone and multifunction) consumer printers (inkjet) and e-readers. In addition there will be changes to the tariffs for devices and storage media by the royal decree of 18 February 2022. What is also new is that refurbished devices will from now on be subject to a tariff equivalent to 60% of the tariff for a new device.
You can find the list of products subject to remuneration and the new tariffs applied from 1 April 2022 here.
Are you already known to Auvibel as a liable party ?
Please prepare your Web-ID and password. If you do not have them yet, please contact us.
You can also use the Excel document “Simplified declaration 2022″ and send it to us by e-mail
Are you a new liable party ?
If, within the scope of your activities, you sell one or several of these products on the Belgian market, the legal obligation to send in monthly declarations to Auvibel and pay the private copying levy, could apply to you. To help you with the initial steps, please find below:
- a document explaining how you can identify your capacity as a liable party and which formalities must be followed;
- an identification form which we kindly invite you to fill in with due care and return to us.
For your declaration, you can use :
- or the Excel document “Simplified declaration 2022” and send it to us by e-mail
- or the online form below
Additional rules for declaration, payment and invoicing
Additional rules for declaration
The private copying levy is due from the moment the device or medium is put on the Belgian market.
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
- For importers and EU-purchasers listed as retailers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first purchase
- For online shops selling to Belgian web users, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
The monthly declaration must mention the quantity, properties and capacity of the media and devices to be declared.
This obligation also applies to months for which the remuneration payer has nothing to declare. If the liable party has nothing to declare, it is sufficient to send us a message mentioning the name of the company, company registration number, reference month and the word ‘NIL’.
Additional rules for payment
Auvibel draws up an invoice based on the declaration that has been sent in.
- Manufacturers and wholesalers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 60 days.
- Retailers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 15 days.
Additional rules for invoicing
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers : the invoices issued by these parties concerning imported media and devices subject to the Auvibel levy must clearly mention the amount due as compensation for private copying.
- Parties liable to the Auvibel levy and non-liable distributors of media and devices (wholesaler or retailer): the invoices issued by these parties must indicate the capacity of the different types of media and devices, since the capacity is the parameter used to determine the amount of the private copying levy.
- Distributors, wholesaler or retailer: These parties may not accept any invoices from the parties, as defined in the preceding paragraphs, that do not contain the mandatory indications and information.