Send your online declaration
Are you already known to Auvibel as a liable party?
All liable parties must send a declaration to Auvibel each month before the 20th day following the month to which the declaration refers (via email, post, fax or online).
The private copying remuneration is due from the moment the device or medium is put on Belgian territory.
If you are a new liable party, please send your declaration in the form below.
Additional rules for declaration, payment and invoicing
Additional rules for declaration
The private copying levy is due from the moment the device or medium is put on the Belgian market.
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
- For importers and EU-purchasers listed as retailers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first purchase
- For online shops selling to Belgian web users, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
The monthly declaration must mention the quantity, properties and capacity of the media and devices to be declared.
This obligation also applies to months for which the remuneration payer has nothing to declare. If the liable party has nothing to declare, it is sufficient to send us a message mentioning the name of the company, company registration number, reference month and the word ‘NIL’.
Additional rules for payment
Auvibel draws up an invoice based on the declaration that has been sent in.
- Manufacturers and wholesalers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 60 days.
- Retailers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 15 days.
Additional rules for invoicing
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers : the invoices issued by these parties concerning imported media and devices subject to the Auvibel levy must clearly mention the amount due as compensation for private copying.
- Parties liable to the Auvibel levy and non-liable distributors of media and devices (wholesaler or retailer): the invoices issued by these parties must indicate the capacity of the different types of media and devices, since the capacity is the parameter used to determine the amount of the private copying levy.
- Distributors, wholesaler or retailer: These parties may not accept any invoices from the parties, as defined in the preceding paragraphs, that do not contain the mandatory indications and information.