Declaring the private copying renumeration to Auvibel
Submit your online declaration here
When? All contributors are required to file a monthly declaration. This must be done before the 20th day following the month to which the declaration relates.
The private copying remuneration is due at the moment the device or media are made available on the market on Belgian territory.
How? The declaration can be made by e-mail, by post or online.
Are you a new liable party ?
If, as part of your activities, you sell one or more of the products subject to renumeration on the Belgian market, you may be bound by the legal obligation to submit monthly declarations to Auvibel and pay the private copying remuneration. To help you with the first steps, you will find below:
- an explanatory document, allowing you to determine your status as liable party or non-liable party, indicating the various formalities you must comply with
- an identification form which you must complete and return carefully
Your declaration can be made in two ways:
- You use the Excel document “Simplified declaration 2022” and provide it to us by e-mail
- You use the online form below:
Additional rules for declaration, payment and invoicing
The private copying levy is due from the moment the device or medium is put on the Belgian market.
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
- For importers and EU-purchasers listed as retailers, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first purchase
- For online shops selling to Belgian web users, the declaration is due before the 20th of the month following the first sale.
The monthly declaration must mention the quantity, properties and capacity of the media and devices to be declared.
This obligation also applies to months for which the remuneration payer has nothing to declare. If the liable party has nothing to declare, it is sufficient to send us a message mentioning the name of the company, company registration number, reference month and the word ‘NIL’.
Auvibel draws up an invoice based on the declaration that has been sent in.
- Manufacturers and wholesalers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 60 days.
- Retailers must pay the remuneration for private copying within 15 days.
- For manufacturers, importers and intra EU-purchasers listed as wholesalers : the invoices issued by these parties concerning imported media and devices subject to the Auvibel levy must clearly mention the amount due as compensation for private copying.
- Parties liable to the Auvibel levy and non-liable distributors of media and devices (wholesaler or retailer): the invoices issued by these parties must indicate the capacity of the different types of media and devices, since the capacity is the parameter used to determine the amount of the private copying levy.
- Distributors, wholesaler or retailer: These parties may not accept any invoices from the parties, as defined in the preceding paragraphs, that do not contain the mandatory indications and information.